Pages

Tuesday 6 June 2017

Antarctica Description

In Literacy I am learning about Antarctica. I went to the Antarctic Center for a school trip. In Literacy I researched all about Antarctica. I wrote a description about Antarctica using all my research. I used the correct structure of a description. It has an Introduction, Characteristics and an Evaluation. I used a hook to make people want to read to the end and some adjectives.

F-F-F-Freezing! Ch-Ch-Chilly! I-I-Icy. Did you know that Antarctica has the most of Earth’s snow and ice?(90%) You should know that Antarctica is one of the seven continents on Earth.


Antarctica is the only place where the South Pole is located just like the North Pole is only located in the Arctic. Russia was the first country to discover Antarctica, this happened in the 1820’s. America was the first country to step foot on Antarctica.


The weather in Antarctica is the coldest weather on Earth. This might blow your mind, but Antarctica is actually a desert because it doesn’t rain at all! Antarctica’s coldest area is the South Pole.


Antarctica is twice as big as Australia. Also Antarctica is twenty-five percent(25%) bigger the Europe. Antarctica is as freezing as my freezer. It’s as windy as Autumn. Antarctica has some of the most highest places with lots of ice shelves, icebergs and ginormous, snowy mountains.
Image result for Antarctica
I really feel like Antarctica is one of the last places I would want to go to because I don’t think I will be able to survive there.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sam i'm Mikael from Yaldhurst school. the thing about Antarctica is really interesting. I didn't know that Antarctica has the most of Earth’s snow and ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mikael and thank you for commenting on this blog post. It really helps me when people comment on my posts. Oh yeah Antarctica DOES have the Earth´s snow and ice.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about