Pages

Friday 23 June 2017

Animal Description

In Literacy I am learning about Antarctic Animals. I went to the Antarctic Center for a school trip. In Literacy I researched about Emperor Penguins. I wrote a description about them using all my research. I used the correct structure of a description. It has an Introduction, Characteristics and an Evaluation. I used a hook to make people want to read to the end and I used some adjectives.

Chirp Chirp! Do you really want to know some awesome facts about penguins? There are many types of penguins such as an Emperor Penguin. A Penguin is a type of bird.

An Emperor Penguin is very colourful, they have four colours. The colours of an Emperor Penguin are Black, White, Yellow and Orange. The Emperor Penguins are the tallest Penguins in the world(Four feet tall).

Emperor Penguins eat Krill, fish, squid and crustaceans. I think a crustacean is some sort of crab. A fish is mostly a penguin’s main prey. All Penguins have such spiky tongues that even slippery fish can’t escape.

Emperor Penguins have a big layer of blubber to keep them warm. Like all Penguins they have several feathers on their bodys. Most Emperor Penguins huddle up together to keep eachother warm.


Emperor Penguins are my favorite penguin because of how tall and how colourful they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about